Villas de la Mer: The terms of stay
self contained accommodation surfers paradise
1) All Quotations – are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until receipt of the deposit, confirmed in writing. All care is taken when quoting however if there is a mis-quote or an incorrect price advertised the owner reserves the right to refuse the booking or terminate the agreement. This also applies to rate periods throughout the year.
2) Booking Requests – are subject to availability and confirmation in writing.
3) Usage /NO functions – the premises are let to you for holiday purposes ONLY and only for the period stated on the receipt. NO weddings, parties, or large gatherings are allowed. Nor are professional photo shoots and commercial activities without prior arrangement and written consent by the Agent. The number of people occupying the premises must not exceed the number of people that were initially booked and/or had beds provided for. The use of and parking of Caravans, tents, boats, camper trailers or similar vehicles is not permitted on or near the holiday property including on nearby vacant lots, footpaths or reserves. Eviction of all guests without refund can apply for non compliance.
4) Check In/Check Out – premises are strictly available from 2pm on the day of arrival and are to be vacated by 9.30am on the day of departure. An early Check In or a Late Check out may be possible for a fee but the only way to absolutely ensure an early check-in or a late check-out is to book an extra day.
5) Dissatisfaction – Should you have any maintenance issues please contact the office immediately so that it can be rectified in a timely matter. If the issues cannot be rectified we will offer alternative accommodation subject to availability. Please be mindful of any maintenance reported to us, as any issues which are user error will be charged to your credit card.
6) Key Return – the property is to be locked and the keys returned to our office. If the office is closed please place keys in the Key Return Box (No 2) at our mails boxes.
7) Payment – A holding deposit of low season minimum of $300.00 AUD up to 25% of the total rent is required to reserve a property. The balance (residual amount) is to be paid in full when checking in.
8) Currency – All prices quoted are in Australian dollars.
9) Non Payment of Residual Amount – If after arrival the balance amount is not paid the booking may be cancelled and the holding deposit will not be refunded.
10) Cancellation policy
A full refund of deposit for cancellations up to 4 weeks prior to booking arrival less a $50 administration fee. No refund of deposit for cancellations 4 weeks or less. Deposit will be refunded if the room is re-booked for same period or more, less a $50 administration charge. No refunds for early departures unless room can be re-booked for remaining nights or more. If room is re-booked a $50 administration charge will apply.
11) Refund of balances paid – If the residual amount is not paid by the due date OR In the event of a cancelled booking by the Client, (for the whole time or any part thereof) the deposit and any subsequent amount is not refundable.
12) Confirmed bookings made less than 30 days prior to the arrival date may be required to be paid in full at the time of booking.
13) Breakdowns – Villas de la Mer accepts no responsibility for any inconvenience due to machinery or appliance breakdown. Our best endeavours to repair, replace or hire an alternative will be undertaken.
14) Descriptions – Villas de la Mer has taken due care and responsibility to verify and check all information on our web sites, brochures or any written or verbal material supplied, as at the time of compilation, however, as this information is subject to change, it accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracy in pricing or mis-description contained in the publications.
15) Unavailability – If a property becomes unavailable for any reason Villas de la Mer reserve the right to move the Client to alternative accommodation if available. The booking is made in good faith but may be subject to change in relation to;
a) Increasing the nightly or weekly rate without notice by the owner
b) The property being sold or permanently let prior to the commencement of the booking, in which case Villas de la Mer will endeavour to locate alternative accommodation should the property sell or inadvertently becomes unavailable due to instructions by the owner.
16) Non-Transferable – bookings will not be moved to alternate properties – especially due to a ‘change of mind’. Any movement of bookings is at the discretion of Villas de la Mer.
17) Breakages – and losses to the property are to be reported to the Management and paid for immediately.
18) Additional cleaning – should the property not be left in a reasonably clean and tidy state, at the discretion of the Management, any cleaning costs above and beyond normal will be charged to the credit card on record provided by the guest. Guests will be advised via email the details of the additional charges.
19) Loss of keys and/or fobs – will be charged to the Client at the discretion of Villas de la Mer. There will be a minimum cost $220.00.
20) Pets – are not allowed on or about the premises!
21) Disclaimer – Villas de la Mer do not accept liability in contract or in tort (actionable wrong) for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force of nature or other events which are beyond our control, or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part including, but not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accidents, theft to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
22) Upon leaving the property the guests must ensure that all air conditioners are switched off and that all doors and windows are closed and locked.
23) Works In the event of any renovation/building work being carried out in or near the premises, such work is beyond our control and we cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise or inconvenience you may suffer as a result. No discount will be negotiated for any of the above.
24) Security – Loss of, theft or damage to your personal belongings are not covered by the Management or the owner under their insurance policies. The Management and the owner take no responsibility for any loss, theft or damage to any occupant’s personal property on the premises. Travel insurance is highly recommended.
25) Security – Please ensure the premises are securely locked at all times when leaving the property.
26) Linen – All bed linen, bath towels, bath mats, hand towels,and tea towels are provided except for cots & Porta cots. If the guests require any extra linen or periodic cleaning during their stay an extra charge is applicable.
27) Conduct – No person on the premises shall be guilty of conduct that is a nuisance to any adjoining or neighbouring occupants. Such as excessive noise, violence of any kind & bad language or the Management has the right to terminate the agreement immediately without any refund. In addition to these terms and conditions and any ‘House Rules’ provided all body corporate rules and regulations must also be adhered to.
28) Alternate Accommodation
The agent will not responsible for alternative accommodation or any other cost when guests arrive after hours.
Please note that WiFi internet is supplied with your holiday stay but no responsibility for loss of connectivity, download speed or virus infection is given by Villas de la Mer.
30) The observance and compliance of these Terms & Conditions is compulsory. Failure to observe these Terms & Conditions by guests/occupiers of the subject holiday property will grant to the Management the immediate right to terminate without any refund, the booking or occupancy of the subject holiday property.
If you have any enquiries what so ever please do not hesitate to contact us, we will do everything we can to ensure your holiday runs smoothly.
The Management: Villas de la Mer